Sunday, July 15, 2012

Completion of Week One


7-14-12
Today is Saturday and I have been here for one week.  The time has flown!  Tomorrow is our day off and some of us from the office are driving 2 1/2 hours away to a beach where we can snorkel.  I will take plenty of pictures and post them.

I miss everyone.  Christopher is having a blast in NC with his uncle Scott and aunt Janie.  They went crabbing and boating today.  I know he is having a great time with them.

7-15-12
Well, no liberty today, so the beach will have to wait until another day.  I guess I'll use my day off to work on  War College, go to the gym, and do laundry.  I get lots of exercise walking to and from work, which is about a 15 minute walk.  My CLU is near the end of the living area, but there is a water cooler near by and the NEX (Naval Exchange) is not too far.

Why am I having hot coffee in this heat??  It is 8:45 am and already 97 degrees!  It's really not too bad because you get acclimated to the heat.  The sun is what gets you.  In the evening you smell burning plastic and animals being burned off Camp.  At least my CLU is cool and I can't smell the plastic or animals burning.








1 comment:

  1. You're going to go into shock when you come back and get to see another color other than tan! Lol. Well I guess it won't be as much a shock since it will be winter

    ReplyDelete